1. Can I apply SAICOS Bel Air Special Wood Color to a surface that has been treated with SAICOS House & Garden Color?
A: This is not possible without sanding first.
2. Can I apply SAICOS House & Garden Colour to a surface that has been treated with SAICOS Bel Air Special Wood Colour?
A: Yes, this is possible without sanding. Clean the surface thoroughly before application.
3. Does a final coat of SAICOS UV Protective Wood Finish Exterior provide additional UV protection for the existing coat?
A: Yes. SAICOS UV Protective Wood Finish Exterior provides an additional UV protection.
4. I have wood with a lot of knots. How can I prevent knots penetrating?
A: We recommend using SAICOS Primer White as a base coat.
5. Can I use SAICOS Bel Air Special Wood Colour for doors and windows?
A: No. SAICOS Bel Air Special Wood Colour does not have anti-blocking properties. This means that the application film at the point where two coated surfaces meet cannot be separated without causing damage. We recommend our favorites for windows and doors, our anti-blocking SAICOS House & Garden Colour.
6. Why does the same transparent paint look so different on different woods?
A: The colour result depends on a range of factors. Aside from the wood type and quality, for example, the wood sanding is also important. We recommend a trial application on the original wood, in order to get the most precise idea possible of the later colour tone.
7. Does white SAICOS House & Garden Colour yellow in light/dark areas, such as in winter gardens or the undersides of roofs?
A: No. Since we use high quality pigments for all our paints, they tend not to yellow.
8. How can I protect the cutting edges of my wooden deck from water?
A: Coat them with our End-Grain Sealing Wax.
9. Should I coat the cut edges of my wooden terrace before or after coating with Special Wood Oil?
A: Please coat your deck with SAICOS Special Wood Oil first. You can then treat the cut edges with End-Grain Sealing Wax.
10. I have a floor with bevel and would like to coat it with SAICOS Oil Ground Coat. What should I do?
A: Coat the bevel with the Floor Brush and buff it with the white pad.
11. The coloured Oil Ground Coat turned out to be too light. How can I make it darker?
A: SAICOS Oil Ground Coat / Ecoline Oil Ground Coat can be applied a second time after drying.
12. The coloured Oil Ground Coat turned out to be too dark. How can I make it lighter?
A: Immediately rub the floor with SAICOS Premium Hardwax-Oil and cotton cloths without allowing to dry.
13. Can I change the gloss level of the final coating by polishing, etc.?
A: No, this is not possible. We offer 4 different gloss levels of our SAICOS Premium Hardwax-Oil for this reason.
14. I have a wood floor in the bathroom / kitchen. What should I take into account?
A: This floor should be coated just like any normal floor. However, care of the floor might be more intensive.
15. There are walking marks in the floor. How do I handle them?
A: This surface should be treated with SAICOS Wax Care / Ecoline Wax Care.
16. Can I renovate my floor partially?
A: Yes. Simply sand the area to be renovated and coat with SAICOS Premium Hardwax-Oil. Please observe the technical data sheet.
17. What should I take into account with underfloor heating?
A: The underfloor heating must shut off before coating (2 – 3 days). Do not switch back on until 8 hours after the final coating.
18. Is the SAICOS Oil Ground Coat / Ecoline Oil Ground Coat a stand-alone coating?
A: No. The oil primer must always be given a top coat after the drying time. You can choose between the SAICOS Premium Hardwax-Oils and the Ecoline MultiTop Laquer System.
19. What happens if I have applied too little material during coating?
A: The floor looks patchy. Apply another coat.
20. Can I mix the colours together?
A: Yes. The colours of the individual product ranges can be mixed together, however you should NOT mix colours from different product ranges!
21. The coloured floor has stains after applying the SAICOS Premium Hardwax-Oil. What happened, what should I do?
A: Unfortunately, the final coat was applied before the base coat had dried. The floor must be sanded and recoated.
22. The floor looks too dark after the final coat. How do I make it lighter when the coating has already dried?
A: Unfortunately, it must be completely sanded off and recoated.
23. How can I renovate an old oiled surface?
A: Clean it with Ecoline Magic Cleanser and wipe with water. After a drying time of 4 hours, coat the entire surface with Premium Hardwax-Oil once using a spatula and pad.
24. The Hardwax-Oil surface is still wet after the specified drying time. What should I do?
A: The Premium Hardwax-Oil will definitely dry completely. Ensure sufficient ventilation by opening all windows and doors. If required, a fan can be placed in the doorway.
25. There are roller marks after applying the SAICOS Premium Hardwax-Oil. What should I do?
A: In this case, the floor must be sanded and re-coated after the coating has completely dried.
SAICOS Oil Ground Coat / Ecoline Oil Ground Coat can be applied a second time after drying.